Because sharing is absolutely caring, it’s time to split your ride
By Samantha Francis; Photo: Uber
Simply apply the promo code POOLFRIDAY.
Of late, hot topics have centered around the likes of how Pokemon Go! is surpassing Tinder as the go-to app for meeting new people and possibly even nailing a date.
Turns out, uberPOOL is a pretty close contender. Launched on 1 July, the smart new option allows riders heading in the same direction to share a ride and split the cost of the trip.
That sounds brilliant right? So far, I’ve chuckled at my friends’ uberPOOL experiences — some wound up hitting it off so well with their fellow rider, they exchanged phone numbers.
Occasionally, a couple have even bumped into long lost friends; talk about nostalgia!
As for me, my first uberPOOL ride was pretty unusual. As it was non-peak hour, there wasn’t a second rider, leaving me with the comfort of a spacious backseat — for half the usual price!
$5 uberPOOL rides to anywhere
If you’ve yet to try carpooling with Uber, now is the perfect reason to try. On Friday, 22 July, one can enjoy uberPOOL rides anywhere in Singapore for just $5 between 7am to 10pm!
Just imagine — $5 from one end of Singapore to the other! In fact, go ahead and take a joy ride if you must.
What you need to know
• Apply the promo code POOLFRIDAY
• Set your pickup location and enter your destination under the uberX option
• Tap on Set a pickup destination, followed by tapping left for uberPOOL
• Choose how many seats you need (1 or 2) and tap Request shared car
• You might get matched with other passengers riding the same way
• At the end of the trip, you will be charged a maximum fare of $5.
• Promotion is valid on all uberPOOL rides in Singapore from Friday July 22, 7am – 10pm
• Each request can have a maximum of 2 riders per pick up. You will be matched with another requester, for up to 4 riders in total in the car
• Limited to 2 uberPOOL rides per rider.