Recipe: Snowskin Mooncake By Asian Food Channel
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Gift your loved ones with mooncakes that are handmade with love during the Mid-Autumn festivities
- 100 g cooked glutinous rice flour
- 90 g icing sugar
- 30 g shortening
- 150 ml cold water
- 4 pandan leaves
- Filling of your choice: Lotus paste, red bean or matcha (store-bought)
Step 3: Form mooncake
– Flatten the ball of snow skin into a thin circle.
– Place the ball of filling in the center of the dough and seal the filling with the snowskin dough.
– Put the ball seam-side up into the floured mold and pack it in gently.
– Flip it over onto flat surface.
– Press down hard on the lever of the mooncake mold, so that the mooncake shape is formed and the face plate makes an imprint on the top of the mooncake.
– Then squeeze to release and your mooncake.
– Repeat with remaining dough. Chill for six hours before serving.
Step 4: Plate and serve!
Serve cold and slice into smaller pieces to show off your different fillings.
The full recipe can be found here.