SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Cooked on a Weber grill, these tarts are crisp and buttery, with a custardy centre
- 180ml (3⁄4 cup) whole milk
- 120ml (1⁄2 cup) whipping cream
- 60g (1⁄4 cup) sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 puff pastry sheets, thawed
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat on the stove, heat the milk, cream, and sugar.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks and egg until smooth.
- Once the milk mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat and pour a little at a time into the eggs while whisking continuously.
- When all the milk mixture is whisked into the eggs, transfer everything back into the saucepan and stir continuously for about one minute over low heat, until the custard thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Cool the custard mixture in an ice‐bath till room temperature and stir in the vanilla extract. Do not stir in vanilla extract when the custard is hot.
- Preheat your Weber grill for indirect cooking over medium heat (about 200°C) If you are using a Genesis model, turn burner(s). If you are using a Q model, use the roasting rack and shield.
- Using a 4‐inch round pastry cutter, cut out large circles of puff pastry and line the bottom and sides of a non-stick muffin tin.
- Spoon cooled custard into the pastry‐lined tin until custard is 1cm from the top of the pastry.
- Bake over indirect medium heat, with the lid closed, until the edges of the custard are set but the centers jiggle a little, about 20 minutes. Remove the tin from the grill and allow to cool for a few minutes. Then remove the tarts from the tin. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Not only is artiste and host Magdalene See a familiar face on local TV, she is also a talented baker. Her love for baking led her to pursue a Diploma in Pastry and Bread while she was living in Vancouver, Canada five years ago.
Now, she hosts her own cooking show on Food For Life TV titled “Homemade by Mag” and runs a recipe blog where she shares stories, tips and recipes of food she makes at home.
Enjoy a luxurious coffee experience in the comfort of your home from the heart of Italy. Life is even better with Tazzanera!
Made with the finest coffee beans that are roasted and ground to perfection, Tazzanera is 100% made in Italy and *Nespresso-compatible. Our coffee capsule blends are formulated with the original Italian espresso tradition.
🛒 Shop now to experience the exquisity of Italian espresso:
Official Site: www.tazzanera.sg