An easy and healthy way of incorporating the superfood into your diet
Photo: Meal Belly
Looking to ease into a healthy diet after the festive indulgence?
Consider assembling your own hearty poke bowl with some green caviar.
The superfood, also known as sea grapes, contains fucoidan – a natural food compound with the potential to eliminate cancer and disease-causing cells.
Plus, it offers a host of health benefits including the prevention of hypertension and diabetes, strengthening joints and more.
Preparing Green Caviar
- Rinse in water for 10seconds.
- Transfer into a bowl of cold water.
- Soak for 5 minutes for its ready to serve.
- Green Caviar from Meal Belly (20g)
- 1/3 cup Sushi or Brown Rice
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
• Spring Onion
- Wash and cook rice.
- Mix rice vinegar into cooked rice.
- Cut salmon into cubes (skin removed).
- Mix salmon in soy sauce, rice vinegar, grated ginger, garlic, sesame oil, spring onion and onion. Adjust to taste.
- Place marinated salmon onto sushi rice. Add in any preferred ingredient(s )foryour poke bowl (avocado, carrots, cherry tomatoes, chilli pepper, etc.)
- Top off the dish with green caviar and sprinkle furikake to garnish.
Alternative: Repeat steps 1 to 4. Place nori sheet on sushi mat, spread rice and place ingredients on top. Roll it up to create a Sushi Burrito instead of a Poke Bowl.
Prices start from $12 for five servings (100g) of green caviar at www.mealbelly.com.