17 New Singapore Eateries Awarded Michelin’s Bib Gourmand For 2018
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
A total of 50 establishments made the list
The list of the latest Bib Gourmand eateries has been released, a week shy of this year’s Michelin Guide Singapore on 25 July.
The Big Gourmand award is bestowed on F&B establishments based on their quality and affordable menus that are priced at no more than $45.
50 hawker stalls and restaurants have been inducted into the Bib Gourmand list for 2018, a jump from 38 last year. While five have dropped out from last year’s list, 2018’s selection sees 17 new eateries.
Chai Chuan Tou Yang Rou Tang from Bukit Merah View Food Centre
Photo: Michelin Guide Singapore
With the list now boasting 28 hawker stall winners, new ones include Chai Chuan Tou Yang Rou Tang from Bukit Merah View Food Centre, Chuan Kee Boneless Braised Duck from Ghim Moh Market & Food Centre, Fresh Taste Big Prawn Noodle from Zion Riverside Food Centre, and Lian He Ben Ji Claypot Rice from Chinatown Complex.
Photo: The Coconut Club
Over at Hong Lim Market & Food Centre, two hawkers stalls are awarded the Bib Gourmand, namely: Tai Wah Pork Noodle and Outram Park Fried Kway Teow, both of which are located directly opposite each other. On the subject of Fried Kway Teow, Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow at Old Airport Road is the only other Bib Gourmand winner under this hawker cuisine category. Elsewhere, returning winner J2 Famous Crispy Curry Puff from last year’s list is joined by new entrant Rolina Traditional Hainanese Curry Puff from Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market & Food Centre for having Bib Gourmand-worthy curry puffs.
New restaurants that have made it into the list are Geylang’s Sik Bao Sin that is known for its Cantonese-style tze char dishes, Ann Siang Hill’s The Coconut Club and its $12.80 Nasi Lemak, and Little India’s Muthu’s Curry, an Indian restaurant that is said to serve the best fish head curry in Singapore.
This year’s Michelin Guide Singapore will be announced on 25 July at Resorts World Sentosa.
Here’s the full list of Michelin’s Big Gourmand 2018:
- A Noodle Story
- Alliance Seafood
- Ah Er Soup (ABC Brickworks Food Centre)
- Balestier Road Hoover Rojak
- Bar-Roque Grill
- Bismillah Biryani
- Chai Chuan Tou Yang Rou Tang (Bukit Merah View Food Centre)
- Chey Sua Carrot Cake
- Chuan Kee Boneless Braised Duck (Ghim Moh Market & Food Centre)
- Depot Road Zhen Shan Mei Claypot Laksa
- Eminent Frog Porridge & Seafood (Geylang Road Lorong 19)
- Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa
- Fresh Taste Big Prawn Noodle (Zion Riverside Food Centre)
- Heng (Newton Food Centre)
- Hong Heng Fried Sotong Prawn Mee
- Hong Kee Beef Noodle
- Hong Kong Yummy Soup (Alexandra Village Food Centre)
- Hoo Kee Bak Chang
- J2 Famous Crispy Curry Puff
- Ka-Soh (Outram Park)
- Kok Sen Restaurant
- Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow (Old Airport Road Food Centre)
- Lian He Ben Ji Claypot Rice (Chinatown Complex)
- Liao Fan Hawker Chan (78 Smith Street)
- Man Man (Tanjong Pagar)
- Muthu’s Curry (Little India)
- Na Na Homemade Curry (Bukit Merah)
- New Lucky Claypot Rice
- New Ubin Seafood (Bukit Batok)
- Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee (Hong Lim Market & Food Centre)
- Rolina Traditional Hainanese Curry Puff (Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market & Food Centre)
- Shi Hui Yuan (Queenstown)
- Shi Wei Da (Fengshan Market and Food Centre)
- Sik Bao Sin (Desmond’s Creation)
- Sin Huat Eating House
- Sin Kee Famous Cantonese Chicken Rice (Holland Drive)
- Song Fa Bak Kut Teh (New Bridge Road)
- Tai Wah Pork Noodle (Hong Lim Market & Food Centre)
- The Blue Ginger
- The Coconut Club
- Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice (Maxwell Food Centre)
- Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice (Tiong Bahru Food Centre)
- Tiong Bahru Yi Sheng Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee (ABC Brickworks Food Centre)
- Shirokane Tori-tama
- True Blue Cuisine
- Whole Earth
- Yhingthai Palace
- Zaffron Kitchen (East Coast)
- Zai Shun Curry Fish Head
A Chinese version of the article appeared here.
Enjoy a luxurious coffee experience in the comfort of your home from the heart of Italy. Life is even better with Tazzanera!
Made with the finest coffee beans that are roasted and ground to perfection, Tazzanera is 100% made in Italy and *Nespresso-compatible. Our coffee capsule blends are formulated with the original Italian espresso tradition.
🛒 Shop now to experience the exquisity of Italian espresso:
Official Site: www.tazzanera.sg