Recipe: Scallops with Turmeric and Dill By Martin Yan
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Succulent scallops for anytime of the day
• 12 medium Scallops
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil + 1.5 tbs butter
• 1 Bird’s Eye Chili, bashed and sliced
• 2 bunches Green onions, sliced into 2-inch lengths
• 2 bunches fresh Dill, chopped
• ½ Red onion, sliced
• ½ teaspoon Sesame oil
• ½ teaspoon Fish Sauce
• Pinch of Sugar
• 1 tablespoon Fish sauce
• 2 teaspoons freshly ground Turmeric paste
• 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
• 1 teaspoon Shallot paste
• 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
• ½ teaspoon White pepper
• Pinch of Salt
1. Pat scallops dry with paper towels. In a bowl, mix with all marinade ingredients, toss in the scallops to marinate for no more than 10 minutes. Remove scallops from marinade and reserve the marinade.
2. In a non-stick frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat, fry the scallops, 6 at a time, by placing them down into the oil, allowing them to brown without moving for 60 seconds. Then turn over the scallops for another 60 minutes.
3. Remove scallops and drain on paper towels.
4. In the same heated pan, add the remaining marinade, onion, chili, dill, spring onions, sesame oil, fish sauce and sugar to the pan and stir-fry till wilted and cooked, about 5 minutes.
5. To serve, arrange the stir-fried herb mixture onto individual serving dishes, place a scallop carefully on top. Serve hot.