SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
BBC Lifestyle chefs Nigella Lawson, Rick Stein and Rachel Allen share what they’ll be cooking for Dad
Photos: BBC Lifestyle
Looking for a meaningful way to show your appreciation for Dad this Father’s Day?
Consider whipping up a hearty meal at home to whet his appetite.
After all, nothing quite beats spending quality time with the family, especially over homecooked food.
If you’re not sure where to start, take inspiration from five of our favourite BBC Lifestyle chefs, who share what they’d love to cook for their fathers:
Rick Stein: British Beef Raj Curry
Feast like royalty with this spicy and aromatic beef curry from Rick Stein. Simple to cook and flavourful, this unassuming dish is fit for the king of your house this Fathers’ Day.
Serves 4 – 6
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 to 2 Hours
- 25g/1oz butter
- 750g/1lb 10oz chuck steak, cut into 4cm/1½in cubes
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1½ tbsp garam masala
- 1½ tsp salt
- 600ml/20fl oz beef stock
- 50g/1¾oz desiccated coconut
- 100g/3½oz sultanas
- Melt the butter in a large, sturdy pan over a medium heat. Add the steak, in batches, and fry for a few minutes until browned and then remove to a plate. Add the onions to the same pan and fry for 10 minutes, or until softened and golden-brown.
- Add the garlic and fry for one minute, then return the meat to the pan, along with any juices on the plate. Stir in the chilli powder, turmeric, one tablespoon of the garam masala, and the salt, and cook for one minute.
- Add the stock, followed by the coconut and sultanas. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over a low heat for 45 minutes to an hour or until the beef is tender. Stir in the remaining garam masala and serve.
Rick Stein fans can also catch Rick Stein: From Venice to Istanbul every Thursday and Sunday, 7:25pm* on BBC Lifestyle (StarHub ch 432) for more of his cooking tips
Pssst! Bring our lovable mascot home and get a FREE $25 Chope gift card! Click here to find out more...