Indulge in this sweet and sticky dessert after your meal
With Hari Raya Puasa just around the corner, the supermarket is abundant with sweet dates. Make use of the season to try this Sticky Date Pudding Recipe.
For the sauce:
• 165g of muscovado sugar
• 300ml of cream
• 80g of unsalted butter
For the pudding:
• 275g of dried dates
• 310ml of boiling water
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda
• 50g of butter
• 110g of muscovado sugar
• 2 eggs
• 150g of self-raising flour
• Preheat the oven to 180-200 degrees Celsius. Grease the cake pan and line it with baking paper.
• Remove the seeds from the dates and chop the dates roughly. Put the dates in the water and blend until pureed. Stir in the baking soda and let it sit for a few minutes.
• Process the date mixture with butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and flour until combined. Pour the mixture into the cake pan.
• Bake it for 60 minutes in the oven.
• While waiting, make the butterscotch sauce by stirring ingredients in a pot over a low fire until the sauce is smooth and thick.
• Remove cake from oven and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
• Drizzle sauce over the cake to serve warm. Add vanilla ice cream if preferred.
Republished from Issue 39.