Recipe: Pavlova Roulade With Kiwi & Berries By Brettschneider’s Baking & Cooking School
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
A traditional New Zealand dessert that tastes as delicious as it looks
Make your loved ones berry happy this festive season with this dessert that combines all your favourite berries with billowy meringue. Best served half-frozen!
• 4 egg whites
• 1 cup caster sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 1 teaspoon white vinegar
• 1 tablespoon cornflour
• 4 kiwifruit – cut into small dice
• ½ punnet strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
1. Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until soft peaks start to form then
gradually add in the sugar. Add the vanilla, vinegar and cornflour and combine well.
2. Using an off-set spatula, spread the meringue onto a baking tray that is lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 170˚C for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
3. Once cooked, turn the meringue out onto non-stick baking paper sprinkled with caster sugar and toasted coconut.
4. Allow to cool.
5. Spread with whipped cream and sprinkle over the kiwifruit and berries.
6. Using baking paper to assist, gently roll the pavlova (like a Swiss Roll). Once complete, place seam-side down. Slice into 2-3cm slices and serve with extra fruit.