Impress your mom or loved one by making this zesty and delightful dessert from The Disgruntled Chef
- 450g Whipped cream
- 112g White sugar
- 75g Freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Lemon, for zest
- 250gm Blueberries
– Add whipped cream, sugar and lemon zest into a small pot.
– Put on stove at medium heat and bring it to a boil.
– Then pour in lemon juice, and stir until well mixed.
– Get your favourite glasses or dessert bowls and pour the creamy mixture in.
– Allow the dessert to cool down before chilling it in the refrigerator.
– When it’s time to serve, halve the juicy blueberries to top the zesty dessert.
– Serve chilled and enjoy.
Daniel Sia of The Disgruntled Chef
Chef-owner Daniel Sia of The Disgruntled Chef has a wealth of experience in classical French cooking techniques.
Having led French restaurants Au Petit Salut and Les Amis in his early years, before taking on the role of stagiaire (apprentice) at Michelin-starred restaurants, he now helms fine-dining restaurant The Disgruntled Chef.
A version of this article appeared in the print edition of Weekender, Issue 151, April 29 – May 12, 2016, with the headline ‘Lemon Posset’.