Chef Massagli of Buttero Trattoria Italian presents this quick dish of Italian Carpaccio Salad
- 400g Beef (preferably rump or loin)
- 1 Lemon
- 30ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 300g Mesclun Lettuce
- 100g Arugula Lettuce
- 200g Cherry Tomatoes
- 100g Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Black pepper
- Slice the beef thinly and lay the slices on a plate. Beat lightly with a tenderiser before seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Let the seasoned slices rest for 3-5 min, allowing the lemon juice to preserve and “cook” the meat.
- Carefully wash and prepare your vegetables and dry lightly.
- Place the salad in a mixing bowl along with your halved cherry tomatoes. Season with extra virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Plate your salad as desired and top it with the seasoned beef slices.
- Sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese and a light final drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.