Add a touch of festive cheer to your parties with these adorable cupcakes
These sweet treats are created with the newly-launched Equal Sugar Blend, a fine granulated sweetener designed to be used primarily for baking. Kids and adults alike will enjoy biting into these Christmas Tree Cupcakes.
- 200ml Whipping cream
- 20g Equal Sugar Blend
- Green food colouring
- 65g Dark chocolate
- 50g Butter
- 65ml Whipping cream
- 40g Cocoa powder
- 20g Low-gluten flour
- 3 Egg yolks
- 2 Egg whites
- 10g + 30g Equal Sugar Blend
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 °C.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- On low heat, combine the whipping cream and butter in a small saucepan and whisk constantly until the mixture comes to a low boil. Reduce the heat and continue whisking until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove saucepan from the heat.
- Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Pour in the boiled whipping cream and butter. Stir the mixture until combined. Sift the cocoa powder into the bowl.
- Add 10g of Equal Sugar Blend to the egg yolks and whip until pale.
- Sift the flour into the cupcake batter and add the egg yolks.
- Whip the egg whites until they are light and fluffy while slowly adding 30g of Equal Sugar Blend.
- Slowly add the egg whites to the cupcake batter, mixing the batter gently.
- Divide the batter into the paper cases.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.
- Place the tin aside to cool.
Icing & Decoration
- Add 20g of Equal Sugar Blend to whipping cream. Beat until the mixture is creamy and fluffy.
- Add green food colouring.
- Put in to decorating bag.
- Place one strawberry on top of each cupcake.
- Using the decorating bag, gently squeeze out the frosting to decorate the cupcake.