The celebrity chef was in town to greet fans and sign copies of his book, 400 Resipi Terbaik Chef Wan, at BookFest 2014.
- 1.5kg Chicken cut into 12 pieces
- 500ml Milk from starch of 1½ grated coconut with 500ml (2 cups) water
- 110g Toasted coconut paste (kerisik)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 1 Turmeric leaf, sliced
- 2 Red chillies, composed of flowers
- 1 Handful Kaffir lime leaves, torn
For Spice Paste
- 8 Shallots, skin peeled
- 3 cloves Garlic, skin peeled
- 8 stalks Lemongrass, sliced
- ¾ inch Ginger, skin peeled
- ¾ inch Fresh turmeric, skin peeled
- 6 Red chillies, deseeded
- 5 Chilli padi, deseeded
- 1½ tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Powdered aniseed
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tbsp Chilli paste
- Combine the spice paste ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine chicken, spice paste and coconut paste into the pot and simmer for 30 min or until the broth is almost dry.
- Lower heat and stir in coconut paste. Season with salt and sugar.
- Add turmeric and stir well before turning off the fire.
- Decorate with red chilli and kaffir lime leaves. Serve with white rice.