Weekender brings you another recipe to try at home
The humble Butter Cake is a local favourite for tea time or as a snack. Use this easy recipe to bake your own.
• 300g of SCS butter
• 250g of sugar
• 250g of eggs
• 300g of all-purpose flour
• 5g of baking powder
• 25g of sponge gel
• 100ml of milk
1. Beat the sugar and eggs in a mixer until pale and creamy.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder together.
3. Add the sifted flour mixture into the sugar and eggs. Beat on low speed until the flour is incorporated into the batter.
4. Add sponge gel, melted butter, and milk. Beat until it is well mixed.
5. Pour the batter into an 8-inch baking tin until the tin is 70 per cent full.
6. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 45-55 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
Apart from having your own delicious butter cake, take part in the SCS Hari Raya Promotion and stand a chance to win KitchenAid mixers worth $988 each and other prizes.
All you have to do is to buy four blocks of SCS Salted 250g or Unsalted 227g butter blocks, from now until Aug 15, and submit a copy of the receipt together with the contest form found at all participating stores.
This recipe is from SCS Butter.