Recipe: Multigrain Chips With Braised Oxtail And Coriander Salsa
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Treat yourself to this easy-t0-make snack of crunchy chips and jammy, gelatinous oxtail
Photo: Mission Foods
This recipe by Chef Adam Liaw combines tender oxtail with multigrain chips and a refreshing topping of coriander salsa.
- 400g crushed tomatoes
- About ½ a cup of water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1kg oxtail
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- 4 slices ginger
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup kicap manis
- ¼ cup dark soy sauce
- 2 packets Mission Foods Multigrain Chips
- 1 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red chilli
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp caster sugar
- Heat your oven to 170°C. Place an ovenproof casserole dish on the stove over high heat. Add the oil and brown the oxtail in batches. Add the onions, garlic, ginger and fry until softened and fragrant. Add the remaining ingredients and enough water to cover the oxtail. Bring to a simmer, then cover and transfer to the oven for 3 hours, turning the oxtail and stirring every hour.
- Shred the meat from the oxtail, and discard the bones and ginger slices. Return the meat to the sauce.
- For the coriander salsa, mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the multigrain chips in a shallow bowl and top with the cocktail and coriander salsa.
Previous PostHere’s An Exclusive Sneak Peek At Lazada’s Surprise Birthday Box Next Post#TheWeekendList: 17-19 Mar 2017