SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Adorable food that anyone can make? Count us in
Created in 1955 by Dutch artist Dick Bruna, the loveable white rabbit Miffy continues to charm children and adults alike today.
Whether or not you’ve been to the Miffy x Kumoya Pop-Up Café (it opens until 31 December), the new Miffy Cookbook has got something for you! Well there’s bento meals, onigiri, cookies, cakes, tarts… all conceived by bestselling cookbook author Shirley Wong (more famously known as Little Miss Bento).
Here’s one of our favourite recipe in the uber-adorable paperback: the Miffy Omu-rice!
• Fried Rice
• 1 tsp vegetable oil
• 1 tsp minced garlic
• 25 g diced chicken
• 100 g cooked Japanese short-grain rice
• 25 g frozen mixed vegetables
• 1 Tbsp ketchup
• 1 tsp oyster sauce
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 eggs
• 2 tsp dashi seasoning
• 2 tsp water
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Mashed potato
• Sliced carrot
• Sushi seaweed
• Red capsicum
• Salad greens
• Salad dressing, as desired
1. Prepare fried rice. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and stir-fry until fragrant. Add chicken and stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Add rice and mix well. Add mixed vegetables and stir-fry for another 1–2 minutes. Add ketchup, oyster sauce, salt and pepper and mix well. Dish out and shape rice into a crescent.
2. Prepare omelette. Whisk eggs with dashi, water, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add beaten egg. Using chopsticks, quickly mix the egg as it cooks, then leave it to cook until the sides start to lift from the pan.
3. Spoon the fried rice onto the centre of the omelette, then fold the omelette over the rice. Transfer to a serving plate and gently adjust the shape by placing a sheet of cling wrap over the egg-wrapped fried rice.
4. Shape Miffy’s head, ears, hand and feet using mashed potato. Cut Miffy’s dress using a slice of carrot. Assemble on plate with omelette crescent.
5. Using a seaweed punch, cut 2 circles for Miffy’s eyes. Using a pair of scissors, cut 2 short strips to form a cross for Miffy’s mouth. Assemble on Miffy’s head using tweezers.
6. Use a star cutter to cut 2 stars from red capsicum. Arrange on plate with salad greens. Drizzle with salad dressing, if desired.
The Miffy x Kumoya Pop-Up Café Miffy Cookbook retails at S$18.68 before GST and is available at all major bookstores.
Enjoy a luxurious coffee experience in the comfort of your home from the heart of Italy. Life is even better with Tazzanera!
Made with the finest coffee beans that are roasted and ground to perfection, Tazzanera is 100% made in Italy and *Nespresso-compatible. Our coffee capsule blends are formulated with the original Italian espresso tradition.
🛒 Shop now to experience the exquisity of Italian espresso:
Official Site: www.tazzanera.sg