SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Recreate this sticky-sweet and tasty dish from restaurant and bar Red Tail
Photo: Red Tail
- 2kg pork collar
- Coffee sauce
- Pork collar marinate
- Coriander and laksa leaf pesto
Pork Collar Marinate
- Onion powder x 45g
- Garlic powder x 45g
- Portion pork collar to 130g slices
- Marinate pork collar in vaccuum pack overnight
- Roasted coffee x 250ml
- Oyster sauce x 50g
- Red chilli (diced) x 30g
- Gula melaka x 60g
- Garlic puree x 30g
- Honey x 200g
Coriander and Laksa Leaf Pesto
- Garlic puree x 12g
- Coriander x 200g
- Laksa leaf x 8g
- 5 spice powder x 4g
- Grated parmesan x 100g
- Olive oil x 120ml
- Dry batter mix
- Toasted sesame seeds
Coriander and laksa leaf Pesto
- Pulse all ingredients together
- Add olive oil if required to desired consistency
- Douse marinated pork collar strip in dry batter mix
- Pan fry till brown and crisp, and lather in desired amount of coffee sauce
- Slice the meat into smaller strips
- Lather plate and top meat with 2 teaspoons of pesto and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds to finish
Prior to joining Red Tail, the 27-year-old held the position of Head Chef at Necessary Provisions, where he experimented plenty and mainly with familiar local ingredients, working them into skills from his training and background in French culinary and patisserie.
Influenced by his father who is an avid home cook with family roots from Malaysia, Meng grew up learning to appreciate Asian cooking and flavours, and much of his understanding of Asian cuisine from a young age has translated into his menu at Red Tail today.
Enjoy a luxurious coffee experience in the comfort of your home from the heart of Italy. Life is even better with Tazzanera!
Made with the finest coffee beans that are roasted and ground to perfection, Tazzanera is 100% made in Italy and *Nespresso-compatible. Our coffee capsule blends are formulated with the original Italian espresso tradition.
🛒 Shop now to experience the exquisity of Italian espresso:
Official Site: www.tazzanera.sg