Looking for a unique type of lo hei this Lunar New Year? Try the Demon Chef’s lo hei with coffee creation!
- 500g Salmon fillet
- 25ml x 2 Nespresso Roma Grand Cru coffee
- 15g Brown Sugar
- 5g Sea Salt
- 50g Carrot
- 50g Beetroot
- 50g Green Apple
- 50g Cucumber
- 50g Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
- 5g Sesame Seeds
- 30kg Bean Curd Skin
For the Sauce
- 50g Orange marmalade
- 25ml Nespresso Roma Grand Cru coffee
- A pinch “Five Spices” Powder
- A few drops Vanilla essence
- 5g Sesame oil
- Dissolve the salt and brown sugar in Nespresso Roma Grand Cru coffee. Cool the mixture down to room temperature and marinate the salmon overnight in the mixture in the refrigerator. Vacuum the salmon to avoid oxidation. Remove the salmon from the fridge the next day and pat dry, before cutting into thin slices.
- Julienne all of the vegetables into thin strips.
- Cut bean curd sheets into 25mm squares and deep-fry in the oil until crispy.
- Make the sauce by whisking all the ingredients for the sauce into the Roma coffee.
- Arrange the salmon, vegetables and crispy bean curd sheets attractively on a serving platter.
- Just before serving, pour the sauce over the lo hei and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Celebrity Chef Alvin Leung is better known as the “Demon Chef” and he helms Michelin-starred restaurants Bo Innovation (Hong Kong) and Bo London. He is known for his unusual and unique culinary style known as “X-treme Chinese”.