While Shinta Mani Wild in Cambodia emerged top of the survey of the top ten most expensive accommodation options in South East Asia.
The survey by TravelMag.com compared rates at all luxury hotels in the region based on the minimum price a couple will have to spend to stay in the respective properties, during the period spanning December 1, 2022 to February 28, 2023. This period was selected as it is the time of year when hotel rates in South East Asia tend to be at their highest.
With a minimum rate of $2,425 per night, Shinta Mani Wild, a luxury tented camp perched along a river valley in the Cambodian rainforest, leads the rankings. Just over a kilometre from the nearest beach, the lavish camp resort features a restaurant and bar, a thatched spa, and an outdoor swimming pool. Popular activities including hiking, cycling and fishing are also possible nearby.
Singapore’s most expensive hotel, according to the survey, is Capella. Situated on Sentosa island, the hotel features stylish and contemporary Asian décor, with amenities including three outdoor pools, an award-winning spa, and direct beach access. However, with a minimum rate of $1,037 per night for the most affordable double room, the hotel ranks just outside of the 10 most expensive hotels in South East Asia.
The following table shows the ten most expensive hotels in South East Asia. The rates shown indicate the least expensive available price (per night, including taxes & fees) for a couple during from December 1, 2022 to February 28, 2023. Rates were established using leading hotel booking websites based on 3-night stays, excluding Sunday to Tuesday.
1. Shinta Mani Wild (Cambodia), $2,425 per night
2. Four Seasons Tented Camp (Thailand), $2,291 per night
3. Amansara (Cambodia), $1,944 per night
4. Bawah Reserve (Indonesia), $1,780 per night
5. Amanwana (Indonesia), $1,669 per night
6. Amanpulo (Philippines), $1,650 per night
7. Bulgari Resort Bali (Indonesia), $1,564 per night
8. Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp (Thailand), $1,539 per night
9. Amantaka (Laos), $1,497 per night
10. Amanpuri (Thailand), $1,365 per night