Make yourself picture perfect for your Valentine’s Day date with these styling tips from Percy & Reed
Now that you’re all set for Valentine’s Day, it’s time to learn how to doll up properly. British hair care brand Percy & Reed offers some easy styles to try.
Paul Percival & Adam Reed have styled the likes of Sophie Dahl, Rita Ora and Diane Kruger. They started a salon and then their own range to help everyday people to have hair just like the stars.
The romantic look is all about loose and soft styles that exude a casual elegance. Here is a step-by-step break down on two styles that you can try for that perfect date.
Low Slung Bun
A modern take on a classic 1920’s up-do.
- Start by applying a couple of pumps of the No Oil Oil for thick to wet hair and comb through from roots to tips. This will make hair silky, smooth and give lots of shine.
- Next, comb a golf ball-sized amount of Abundantly Bouncy Volumising Mousse through the hair, again from root to tip. Hair is now ready to be blown dry.
- After blow-drying, braid 3 sections of hair at the back of the head and secure with a clear band. Make sure it is tight as you want the bun to be small in size. Roll back into the nape of the neck and secure with some large geisha pins.
- Spray the remaining front section of the hair which is unpinned with the So Cool Heat Protect Spray and use a wand to create a gentle wave in the hair. To finish, secure with some coloured grips.
Textured Back Bun
This is an update of the classic top-knot bun, with much more body and texture in the hair.
- Prep the hair with the Quite Wonderfully Wavy Texturizing Spray, spraying onto wet hair and then blow-drying. This will give a great foundation to the hair.
- Then, Spray Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray onto a brush and sweep the hair up towards the crown into a high ponytail. The Hair Spray will give greater hold and control over the hair.
- Fasten the hair with a hook band to keep it secure and then slide a bun ring down to the base of the pony.
- Spray the Pony with No Fuss Flawlessness Dry Conditioner and then backcomb to add texture. Sweep the hair around the bun ring and pin in place.
- Finish with Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray to get rid of any frizz or flyaway.
Percy & Reed products are available in Sephora.