Forget about chili crab and black pepper crab, here’s a quick and easy recipe for this popular seafood dish that’s captured the hearts of many!
30 mins needed (15 mins for preparation, 15 mins for cooking)
Serves 4-5 people
- 5 soft shell crabs, cleaned
- 4 salted egg yolks, steamed and mashed
- 15 curry leaves
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 chili padi (Bird’s eye chilies), sliced
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 egg whites
- Vegetable oil
Step 1 – Coat soft shell crabs
- In a bowl of cornstarch, evenly coat soft shell crabs.
- In a separate bowl of egg whites, coat the soft shell crabs into the egg whites and back into cornstarch again.