By Chef Patron Daniele Sperindio, Da Paolo BistroBar
• 10g garlic, chopped
• 10g yellow onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons white wine
• 6 tablespoons water
• 80g fresh pasta tagliolini (or 120g dry pasta Spaghetti)
• 60g crayfish, shelled
• 1/2 chilli padi
• 40g Roma tomatoes
• 20g cherry tomatoes
• 10g extra virgin olive oil
• 5g unsalted butter
• Sugar, salt & pepper to taste
• 2 Basil Leaves (chop one only; leave the other for garnish)
1. Add water to a pot and bring it to a boil. Add Roma tomatoes to boiling water for 30 seconds and transfer tomatoes to a separate bowl of ice water to prevent the tomatoes from cooking further. Once cool, peel off the skin.
2. In a pan over medium heat, add some oil. When the oil begins to heat, add the onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add peeled Roma tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of wine and 3 tablespoons of water to the pan and cook for 20 minutes while stirring constantly.
3. Add sugar, salt, pepper and chopped basil leaf to taste and set aside the tomato sauce.
4. In another pot, add water and boil fresh tagliolini for 4 minutes (8 minutes for dry pasta). Drain water when boiled and set aside.
5. In a separate pan, add olive oil and when the oil begins to heat, add chopped garlic and sauté until golden brown.
6. Add crayfish meat and pan-sear for about 1 ½ minute. Add 1 tablespoon of white wine, chilli padi, cherry tomatoes, 1 ½ tablespoons of tomato sauce and 3 tablespoons of water (or vegetable stock) and let it cook for 3 minutes.
7. Add cooked pasta and butter into the pan and sauté until sauce is thickened.
8. Plate the pasta and add a basil leaf for garnish. Serve immediately.