Chef Massagli of Buttero Trattoria Italian presents this quick dish of Italian Carpaccio Salad
Many Singaporeans love Italian food and this is one dish you can prepare at home, without much difficulty. It is especially great when you need to prepare something quick for a gathering.
- 400g Beef (preferably rump or loin)
- 1 Lemon
- 30ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 300g Mesclun Lettuce
- 100g Arugula Lettuce
- 200g Cherry Tomatoes
- 100g Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Black pepper
- Slice the beef thinly and lay the slices on a plate. Beat lightly with a tenderiser before seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Let the seasoned slices rest for 3-5 min, allowing the lemon juice to preserve and “cook” the meat.
- Carefully wash and prepare your vegetables and dry lightly.
- Place the salad in a mixing bowl along with your halved cherry tomatoes. Season with extra virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Plate your salad as desired and top it with the seasoned beef slices.
- Sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese and a light final drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Chef Antonio Massagli
Chef Antonio Massagli was born into a farming community in the Tuscan town of Lucca in Italy. As Executive Chef of Buttero Trattoria Italiana, Chef Massagli lets the quality and freshness of ingredients speak for themselves with a menu of comforting Tuscan dishes reminiscent of childhood favourites he enjoyed while growing up.