The Lobster Cu Mi Fen at Hotel Jen Tanglin’s Ah Hoi’s Kitchen is truly a hidden gem — we bring you the recipe!
This is the recipe to one of the favourite dishes of Weekender’s Editor — the Lobster Cu Mi Fen (lobster and thick beehoon) from Ah Hoi’s Kitchen at Hotel Jen Tanglin.
We managed to acquire the recipe so that you can prepare the dish in your own kitchen. Here are the ingredients and easy steps.
- 450gm Lobster
- 200gm Cu mi fen (thick beehoon)
- 20gm Celery
- 30gm Peeled ginger
- 50gm Spring onions
- 20ml Evaporated milk
- 15ml Chicken broth
- 10ml Sesame oil
- 10ml Chinese rice wine (Hua Tiao Jiu)
- 5gm White pepper
- Clean lobster and cut into eight pieces.
- Heat oil in wok, fry ginger slices and chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add lobster in wok and stir fry.
- Add in water and braise it for a few minutes.
- Add in noodle, chicken broth, water and other seasoning. Let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- After that, it is ready. Serve hot.
Ah Hoi’s Kitchen, Hotel Jen Tanglin, 1A Cuscaden Road, Level 4 (poolside), Singapore 249716, Tel: 6831 4373