Are you a fan of Penfolds? The 2020 Collection is a testament to the enduring House Style and winemaking philosophy passed down through generations of Penfolds winemakers.
The Penfolds Collection 2020 is a family of fine wines spanning five impressive white and red wine Australian vintages. Led by the 66th consecutive release of Grange, the 2020 Collection is a testament to the enduring House Style and winemaking philosophy passed down through generations of Penfolds winemakers.
This year, Penfolds launched a new wine blended from four vintages of Grange, aptly named Penfolds g4. The blend energetically entwines Grange DNA from the exceptional 2002, 2004, 2008 and 2016 vintages to create a completely unique expression of Penfolds flagship, achieving yet again a perfect score from The World of Fine Wine and James Suckling, and 99 points from Robert Parker.
“These four Grange vintages are amongst our favourites of the last two decades. All so different – in every sense, not just climatically. The synergistic blending of these vintages worked perfectly from a quality, structural and style perspective”, says Gago. Only 2,500 exclusive bottles were filled.
While Grange leads the charge, the charm and character of the core 2018 Bins rival any Penfolds Bin released over the last half-century. This year, the 2018 Bin 389 Cabernet Shiraz – a Penfolds classic with a reputation and universal appeal that transcends the ordinary and affectionately known as ‘Baby Grange’ – commemorates its 60th anniversary since it was first made in 1960 by Max Schubert.
The four white wines released in this Collection continue to excite Penfolds winemakers. The 2019 release of Bin 311 Chardonnay caught the attention of Peter Gago during a recent tasting. He said, “From the garage to the studio, Bin 311 can now more than just whistle an enduring tune. This wine now confidently struts across a wider cool-climate stage. An awakened and enlightened blend”. The 2018 Yattarna, 2018 Reserve Bin A Adelaide Hills Chardonnay and 2020 Bin 51 Eden Valley Riesling are equally impressive.
Penfolds Collection 2020 wines currently available in Singapore:
1. 2018 Bin 389 Cabernet Shiraz – First Vintage 1960 (98 points by Andrew Caillard MW)
2. 2018 Kalimna Bin 28 Shiraz – First Vintage 1959 (94 points each by by Andrew Caillard MW and Nick Stock)
3. 2018 Bin 128 Coonawarra Shiraz – First Vintage 1962 (95 points by Tony Love)
4. 2018 Bin 138 Barossa Valley Shiraz Grenache Mataro – First Vintage 1992 (95 points each by Andrew Caillard MW and Ken Gargett)
5. 2018 Bin 407 Cabernet Sauvignon – First Vintage 1990 (94 points each by Andrew Caillard MW, James Halliday and Nick Stock)
6. 2017 St Henri Shiraz – First Vintage 1953 (98 points by Tony Love)
7. 2016 Grange – First Vintage 1951 (100 points by Ken Gargett)
8. 2019 Bin 23 Pinot Noir – First Vintage 2009 (94 points by Ken Gargett)
9. 2020 Bin 51 Eden Valley Riesling – First Vintage 1999 (98 points by Andrew Caillard MW)
10. 2019 Bin 311 Chardonnay – First Vintage 2005 (94 points by Nick Stock)
For more information, visit www.penfolds.com.