These black and white beauties look as good as they are luxe and pampering
Text by Lynn Yang; Photo by Samantha Francis; Styling by Elizabeth Lee
1. Estelle & Thild Fresh Water Lily Body Scrub ($39) is an organic body polish that has an alluring aroma of creamy peach blooms, blackcurrants and fresh water lilies. Not only does it have a bold aromatic bouquet, it gently sloughs off dirt, grime and pesky dead cells.
2. Formulated with a high dose of stabilized vitamin A complex, Retinol 8 (which is eight times more effective than the regular retinol essence), the Verso Super Face Serum ($225) will help to repair, heal and strengthen your skin’s overall texture, and reverse visible signs of aging with continuous usage.
3. Allies of Skin Molecular Saviour Toner Mist ($79) is an alcohol-free, multi-tasking skin revitalizer that has an anti-evaporation formula. What this means is it ensures the skin receives all the nourishment from its rich blend of antioxidants while quenching it. Perfect for usage throughout the day, indoors or outdoors.
4. Zadig & Voltaire This Is Her! Eau De Parfum contains notes of pink pepper, Sambac jasmine, milky chestnut cream, vanilla and sandalwood. This combination presents an elegant mix that is rich, sensual and edgy.
5. A newly launched fragrance under local artisanal fragrance brand Six Fragrances, 1724 Puka ($66) is inspired by the beautiful beachfronts found in the island of Boracay, Philippines. Its refreshing mix of rhubarb, mint, oak moss and green tea is zesty, lively and fresh.
A version of this article appeared in the print edition of Weekender, Issue 159, August 19 – September 1, 2016, with the headline ‘Making monochrome magic’.