Lush floral scents that deserve a place on your dressing table
Photo: Samantha Francis; Styling: Elizabeth Lee
While a signature scent is as timeless as a Little Black Dress, different moods call for new fragrances that thrill one’s olfactory senses.
Here are five perfumes that have bottled the best of lush florals:
1. The YSL Beauty Black Opium Nuit Blanche (from $112), is an electrifying reimagination of the brand’s iconic Black Opium signature scent. Its white coffee floral fragrance is designed to give the wearer a burst of energy to last through the night.
2. A familiar yet distinct interpretation of the iconic N°5, the Chanel No.5 L’Eau (from $165), contains No. 5’s main floral pillar, the May rose, alongside notes of classic jasmine, aldehyde, sandalwood and ylang-ylang.
3. Like springtime bottled, the limited edition Jo Malone London Nashi Blossom is an invigorating scent with top notes of lemon, base notes of musk, with nashi (which means pear in Japanese) blossom at the heart.
4. Inspired by the aristocratic young belle in musical film My Fair Lady, Atkinsons My Fair Lily ($240), is an Eau de Parfum with Casablanca lily at its heart and notes of wild chamomile and rhubarb sensually deepened with patchouli and vetiver.
5. Celebrate the 15th birthday of Gucci’s iconic floral motif with the Gucci Flora Anniversary Edition Eau de toilette ($119), which opens with notes of pear and mandarin, a hint of vibrant pepper and dashes of musk and cedar wood.
A version of this article appeared in the print edition of Weekender, Issue 156, July 22 – August 4, 2016, with the headline ‘A fling with fragrance’.