This is a delicious fried rice recipe with a tangy and flavourful dressing that blends perfectly with the well-seasoned roast beef and garlic chips.
Ingredients (Serves 6 people)
- 2 kg Beef fillet
- 5 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 2 tsp Coarse ground black pepper
- 2m Butcher’s twine
- 2 tbsp Ginger, grated
- 6 tbsp Miso paste
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 cup Shimeji mushrooms
- 1 cup Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup Garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Spring onions, sliced
- 4 cups Japanese rice, cooked
- ¼ cup Japanese soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 210 deg C.
- Using the butcher’s twine, tie a loop around the beef at every 5cm.
- Rub oil on beef, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes until the beef’s internal temperature reads 52 deg C. Once ready, take the roast out of the oven and let it rest.
- Prepare the dressing for the fried rice by adding ginger, miso, mirin, and sesame oil in a pan. Stir occasionally.
- To make the fried rice, heat vegetable oil in a wok.
- Fry garlic until crisp, then remove.
- Fry mushrooms, spring onion, then add the rice.
- Add soy sauce and stir. Serve with sliced beef and pour the dressing over.