SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Serve up these edible gold ingots for your reunion dinner
It takes less than an hour to prepare these little bags of happiness to feed a party of six.
• 1 Red Snapper belly and cheek (800 grams – 1kg)
• 1 cup Wood-ear mushroom, julienned
• 10 pieces Straw mushroom, halved
• 1 cup Glass noodles, cut into 1-inch
• 20 pieces 22cm Rice Paper
• 6 strings Spring onion, stems chopped and leaf blanched
• 6 Shallots, minced
• 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
• 3 teaspoons Black pepper
• 1 tablespoon Sugar
• 4 cups Vegetable oil
• 4 tablespoons Vegetable oil
• Pinch of Salt
• 2 tablespoons Cooking caramel
1. First, steam the fish until cooked, then flake the meat from the bones and put into a bowl.
2. Heat up 4 tbs of oil in a wok for frying shallots and green onions, then add in the fish sauce, flaked fish and black pepper. Give it all a good mix.
3. Next goes in the straw and wood-ear mushrooms, sugar and glass noodles. Toss all the ingredients together over high heat for about 4 minutes then take it off the heat but maintain in the wok.
4. To make the treasure bags, lay 3 pieces of rice paper on top of one another. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the noodle mixture in the middle then proceed to fold.
5. First take the end closest to you and fold it in half, then gather the left and right ends and bundle it at the top, so it looks like a parcel.
6. Then take 1 piece of blanched green onion and use it to tie the top securely.
7. In a separate pot, bring the 4 cups of vegetable oil to 140°C. By using a metal sieve, slowly lower 1 treasure bag at a time into the oil. First submerging the content part of the bag, followed by the ruffled bundle on top.
8. Once crispy, perhaps 2 to 3 minutes, set it on a paper towel lined plate to drain the oil.
9. To serve, line up the treasure bags on a plate and lightly drizzle some cooking caramel.
Enjoy a luxurious coffee experience in the comfort of your home from the heart of Italy. Life is even better with Tazzanera!
Made with the finest coffee beans that are roasted and ground to perfection, Tazzanera is 100% made in Italy and *Nespresso-compatible. Our coffee capsule blends are formulated with the original Italian espresso tradition.
🛒 Shop now to experience the exquisity of Italian espresso:
Official Site: www.tazzanera.sg