Recipe: Herb Crusted New Zealand Lamb Rack By Brettschneider’s Baking & Cooking School
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
This impressive looking meal is actually deceptively easy to prepare
Pro tip: Pair with a nice stem of red and dinner is settled!
• 1 New Zealand lamb rack
• Honey and Mustard glaze
• 20g honey
• 10ml olive oil
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• Herb crust
• 50g breadcrumbs
• 20g pistachio nuts
• 3 sprigs Italian parsley
• Salt and pepper
• Herb and cranberry salad
• 2 stalks mint leaves – picked
• 2 stalks Italian parsley leaves – picked
• Cranberry pieces, finely chopped
• Olive oil – to drizzle
1. In a small bowl, mix together the honey, olive oil and mustard.
2. In a separate small bowl, place the breadcrumbs. Finely chop the pistachio nuts and Italian parsley and mix well with the crumbs.
3. Using a pastry brush, brush the sealed lamb rack with the honey glaze.
4. Dip into the crust mixture and place into a 200°C oven.
5. Cook for 12 – 14 minutes until pink.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes on a rack.
7. In a small bowl, mix together the picked herbs and cranberry. Drizzle with olive oil.
8. Serve alongside the lamb rack.