• 1 ½ of cups of butter
• 2 ½ cups of granulated sugar
• 5 eggs
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 3 cups of all-purpose flour
• 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
• 1 cup of milk
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 500g of icing sugar
• 95g of butter
• 55ml of milk
• 2 drops of natural vegetable colouring
• Set the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare paper cups in cupcake moulds.
• Cream the butter and sugar for 4 minutes until soft and smooth. Then, slowly add in the eggs, one at a time, and do not split the butter mixture. Add the vanilla extract.
• Sift the flour and baking powder, then it add to the mixture. Mix in the milk until the texture is smooth.
• Scoop the mixture into the cupcake mould and bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
• Ensure the cupcakes are cooked before taking them out of the oven. Leave them to cool before piping the frosting onto the cupcakes.
• Note: To ensure that cupcake is cooked, insert a toothpick in the centre of the cupcake. It should come out cleanly.
• Cream the butter with the icing sugar. Slowly add the milk in.
• Add colouring if you wish.
Recipe from Da Paolo Gastronomia.