SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Masterchef Australia’s Audra Morrice came to town bearing her famous chocolate tart recipe
• 225g of plain flour
• A pinch of salt
• 2 tablespoons of icing sugar
• 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
• 140g of unsalted, chopped cold butter
• 2 tablespoons of ice water
• 500g of dark chocolate
• 70 per cent cocoa solids
• 200g of chopped unsalted butter
Cherry Port Jelly:
• 375ml of cherry port
• 2 tablespoons of castor sugar
• 5 leaves of gold-strength gelatine
• 125g of frozen or squished raspberries
• 1 tablespoon of icing sugar
• 1 teaspoon of corn syrup or glucose
• 300ml of thickened cream
• 2 tablespoons of icing sugar
• 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
• 250-375g of raspberries to decorate
• Purple borage flowers to decorate (optional)
• Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
• For pastry, place flour, salt, sugar and cocoa in a food processor for 15 seconds until combined. Add butter and process until butter is finely chopped. Add ice water slowly until it forms a dough that comes together when pressed. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
• For ganache, chop chocolate in a food processor until finely chopped. Place butter in a large bowl over a saucepan with 3cm of just simmering water, and tip chocolate onto butter. Turn off heat and stir occasionally until chocolate and butter have melted. Keep bowl on saucepan until ready to use.
• For jelly, pour port and sugar into a saucepan over medium heat, and stir until sugar has dissolved. Boil for 5 minutes, and then remove from heat. Soften gelatine in cold water, squeeze out excess water and add gelatine to warm port mixture. Stir until dissolved, strain and keep warm until ready for use.
• Roll pastry out between two sheets of baking paper, to 3mm thick. Remove one sheet of baking paper and lay pastry over 23cm; round sides. Remove baking paper and trim pastry. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Blind bake for 13-15 minutes until sides are crisp. Remove baking paper and pastry beads and bake for further 10 minutes until base is dry. Cool in fridge for 10 minutes.
• Pour warm ganache into cooled tart tin, shake gently to level. Allow half a centimetre for jelly layer. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to set ganache. Pour warm jelly into jug, bring over to fridge and pour a layer on top of the tart. Set in fridge for 10 minutes on until ready to serve.
• For raspberry puree, place raspberries, sugar and glucose into a small saucepan and heat until liquid. Sieve out seeds.
• Whip cream with icing sugar and vanilla bean seeds into soft peaks.
• Decorate the tart with raspberries, drizzle with raspberry puree and place a few flowers on top. Serve with cream on the side.
MasterChef Australia Season 4 airs on Lifetime, Starhub TV Ch 514, on weekdays at 7pm. Same-day repeat at 11pm.
Enjoy a luxurious coffee experience in the comfort of your home from the heart of Italy. Life is even better with Tazzanera!
Made with the finest coffee beans that are roasted and ground to perfection, Tazzanera is 100% made in Italy and *Nespresso-compatible. Our coffee capsule blends are formulated with the original Italian espresso tradition.
🛒 Shop now to experience the exquisity of Italian espresso:
Official Site: www.tazzanera.sg