SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Dan Dan is a noodle dish originating from the Chinese Sichuan cuisine and consists of a spicy sauce containing preserved vegetable, chilli oil, Sichuan pepper, minced meat (pork, usually) and scallions, served with noodles.
How a typically Chinese dish found its way into Tburu’s menu is a tribute to Calvin’s loyal guests. Calvin’s former restaurant One On The Bund at Clifford Pier was rather famous for this dish and regulars lamented the loss of this dish when the restaurant had to close down.
Calvin has brought it back, into the menu at Tburu, albeit with a Japanese twist. Dan Dan Somen is served with a typical Sichuan soup base but with Japanese Somen noodles.
- 2 cups (500ml) Chicken Broth
- 30g Minced Chicken, chopped
- 1 piece Red Chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sake
- 1/2tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 100g Japanese Somen
- 3 cups (750ml) Water
- A sprinkle Spring Onions and Red Chilli, cut finely
- Add somen noodles to boiling water, and cook for 2 min. Strain, and divide noodles into bowl.
- Boil the chicken broth and add minced chicken, chilli, soy sauce, sake, sesame oil, peanut sauce and salt. Cook at high heat, then reduce to low heat and simmer for 5 min.
- Portion out the soup in the bowl with noodles.
- Top with spring onions and chilli, and enjoy!
Enjoy a luxurious coffee experience in the comfort of your home from the heart of Italy. Life is even better with Tazzanera!
Made with the finest coffee beans that are roasted and ground to perfection, Tazzanera is 100% made in Italy and *Nespresso-compatible. Our coffee capsule blends are formulated with the original Italian espresso tradition.
🛒 Shop now to experience the exquisity of Italian espresso:
Official Site: www.tazzanera.sg