Here’s a recipe for everyone’s favorite breakfast –fluffy, decadent pancakes, but with coconut oil and palm sugar for a Southeast Asian twist!
15 mins needed (5 mins for preparation, 10 mins for cooking)
Serves 3-4 people
- 4 eggs, 2 egg yolks separated from whites
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 4 Tbsp organic coconut oil (can be substituted with butter)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup warm water
- 100 g gula melaka (palm sugar)
- 1 tsp sea salt
Step 3 – Cook gula melaka syrup
- In a small pot, add gula melaka, ½ cup coconut milk and stir until melted. Set aside.