Here’s a recipe for everyone’s favorite breakfast –fluffy, decadent pancakes, but with coconut oil and palm sugar for a Southeast Asian twist!
15 mins needed (5 mins for preparation, 10 mins for cooking)
Serves 3-4 people
- 4 eggs, 2 egg yolks separated from whites
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 4 Tbsp organic coconut oil (can be substituted with butter)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup warm water
- 100 g gula melaka (palm sugar)
- 1 tsp sea salt
Step 2 – Cook pancakes
- In a non-stick pan, add in 1 tsp coconut oil or 1 tsp butter.
Tip: Use organic extra-virgin coconut oil for the best quality and flavor.
- When hot, ladle a ladle of the pancake mixture onto the pan.
- Flip when bubbles appear on the top of the pancake.
- Repeat until you run out of batter.