Here’s a recipe for everyone’s favorite breakfast –fluffy, decadent pancakes, but with coconut oil and palm sugar for a Southeast Asian twist!
15 mins needed (5 mins for preparation, 10 mins for cooking)
Serves 3-4 people
- 4 eggs, 2 egg yolks separated from whites
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 4 Tbsp organic coconut oil (can be substituted with butter)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup warm water
- 100 g gula melaka (palm sugar)
- 1 tsp sea salt
Step 1 – Mix pancake batter
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, white sugar, 2 eggs, 2 eggs yolks, 4 Tbsp coconut oil, ½ cup coconut milk and mix.
- Gradually add warm water until the batter is smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the pancake flour mixture.
- Taste batter, and add additional sugar if necessary.