Instead of the usual boring salads, why not try making this Peranakan Bok Nee salad from indocafe for a change?
Try making this Peranakan piquant Black Fungus and Chicken Salad from Indocafe.
This dish is a mix of the traditional with a modern twist, and makes a great appetiser.
The Bok Nee, or black fungus, is also believed to have cardiovascular benefits and aids in weight loss.
• 30g of finely-sliced, soaked Black Fungus
• 250g of shredded, steamed Chicken Breast
• 60g of sliced Shallots
• 10g of finely-sliced Torch Ginger
• 200g of Sambal Belacan
• 120ml of Calamansi Lime Juice
• Add salt to taste
• Add sugar to taste
• White Pepper Powder
1. Combine all the dressing ingredients within a deep bowl.
2. Add in the shallots and the torch ginger.
3. Add the black fungus and chicken breast, and mix them well together.
Indocafe is located at 35/35A Scotts Road, Singapore 228227. Tel: 6733 2656
Republished from Issue 38.