SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Recreate this delicious, summery soup from Adrift’s new menu
Photo: David Myers
In David Myers’s newly launched menu for Adrift, he continues to push the boundaries by drawing upon the unique flavours and ingredients discovered during his travels around the world, to create an exclusive collection of dining and drinking experiences.
One of the new menu items is the Tomato Gazpacho — perfect for a hot Summer’s day. Recreate it in the comfort of your home today!
1.8 kg ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2.27 kg green pepper, seeded and diced
2.27 kg cucumber, peeled and diced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
120 ml red wine vinegar
340 ml extra virgin olive oil
4 basil leaves on the stem
8 slices stale white bread (no crust)
Salt & pepper (to taste)
1 L cucumber juice
4 gelatin sheets
40 g burrata cheese
5 g ginger julienne
1 cooked quail egg, cut into half
3 thin slices cherry tomatoes
2 sp extra virgin olive oil
Small basil leaves
Cracked black pepper (to taste)
- First start with the gazpacho. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together except for the extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar. Let the mixture marinate overnight.
- Puree the mixture in a blender. Once pureed, emulsify the extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Once all ingredients are evenly combined, strain mixture. Adjust consistency and add salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the cucumber gelee, juice whole cucumbers.
- In a large pot, bring the cucumber juice to a boil and skim off foam that rises to the surface.
- Once boiled, gently strain it through a clean cloth.
- Bloom the gelatin sheets in a bowl of ice water. Once soft, squeeze out excess water.
- Dissolve the gelatin sheets in the hot cucumber juice.
- Season with salt and let cool to set the gelatin.
- To plate, place gazpacho into a bowl.
- Add burrata cheese, cherry tomatoes, cucumber gelee, quail eggs and ginger julienne.
- Garnish with basil leaves, cracked black pepper and drizzle extra virgin olive oil.
Enjoy a luxurious coffee experience in the comfort of your home from the heart of Italy. Life is even better with Tazzanera!
Made with the finest coffee beans that are roasted and ground to perfection, Tazzanera is 100% made in Italy and *Nespresso-compatible. Our coffee capsule blends are formulated with the original Italian espresso tradition.
🛒 Shop now to experience the exquisity of Italian espresso:
Official Site: www.tazzanera.sg