Gift your loved ones with mooncakes that are handmade with love during the Mid-Autumn festivities
– 100 g cooked glutinous rice flour
– 90 g icing sugar
– 30 g shortening
– 150 ml cold water
– 4 pandan leaves
– Filling of your choice: Lotus paste, red bean or matcha (store-bought)
Step 1: Make dough for mooncake skin
– Sift the cooked glutinous rice flour and icing sugar in a mixing bowl.
– Gently rub the shortening into the flour mixture, combining until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
– Mix in the cold water about 1 Tbsp at a time and add in food colouring or flavour and if desired.
– Knead dough until soft dough forms – you may not need all the water. Set dough aside to rest for 30 minutes.
– Use gloves when handling with food dye to prevent hands from staining.