Make one of Luke Mangan’s Salt Tapas & Bar’s signature dishes at home
Crispy seared fish, fresh clams, and vegetables. The key to making this dish a success.
Salt Tapas & Bar’s executive chef, Ronald Li, shows us how to make this easy yet impressive dish at home.
Ingredients (Serves 2 to 3 people)
400 g Fish of your choice
7 pcs Clams
7 pcs Artichoke
7 pcs Pak choy
50 ml White wine
2 1/2 tbsps Butter + 60 g
100 ml Chicken Stock
1 tsp Garlic, chopped
3 sprg Thyme
Salt and pepper, to season
100 ml Verjuice dressing
- 800 ml Pomace Oil
- 40 ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 160 g Dijon Mustard
1 L Verjuice
- For the verjuice dressing, mix balsamic, dijon mustard and verjuice while slowly adding pomace oil to emulsify. Set aside.
- For the fish, heat a pan till scorching hot. A hot pan will prevent the fish from sticking.
- Sear both sides of the fish till crispy (this should take approx. 2 mins each side for a 400gm fish)
- Add 2 ½ tbl butter, thyme, ½ tsp garlic and baste the fish. Leave fish to rest on a plate.
- Heat a separate pan till scorching hot. Add clams, ½ tsp garlic, and quickly sauté before deglazing the pan with white wine.
- Add in the artichokes and the pak choy with chicken stock. When clams are cooked (they will open fully), take the pan off the heat and emulsify with 60gm butter and 100ml of verjuice dressing.
- Season lightly with lava salt and pepper.
- Strain the clams and vegetables and pour the sauce into a gravy boat to serve.
- Add fish to plate and spoon clams and vegetables on top of fish. Serve immediately with sauce in gravy boat on the side
Too lazy to cook? Try it at Salt Tapas & Bar, read our recommendations on what you should not miss.