SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Sambal and chicken: A match made in heaven
- Half a chicken, cut into 6 pieces (600g)
- Coconut water – from 2 coconuts
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 2 Pandan leaves
- 10 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 stalk Lemongrass, bashed and halved
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil, enough to deep-fry chicken
- 2 Red chilies, deseeded and julienned
- 1 tablespoon sweet Soy sauce
- 1 Pandan leaf, knotted
- ½ tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Green Sambal Ingredients
- 2 large Onions, quartered
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 6 large Green chilies, halved
- 3 Bird’s eye chilies
- 2 Green tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Green eggplant, quartered
- Juice from ½ a Lemon
- 1 ½ cups Olive oil
- In a pot, pour in 2 tbs of oil and garlic and lemongrass. Turn up the heat to medium-high, sauté for a minute, then pour in the coconut juice and chicken. Let it come to a boil, then simmer.
- In the meantime, heat up a wok with the olive oil, then add in the onions, garlic, green chilies, bird eye chilies, tomatoes and eggplant, sautéing for 3-4 minutes.
- When done, dish it out and set it aside to cool. Then toss into a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Season with salt and sugar then set aside in a bowl.
- In a deep pot, heat up oil for deep frying.
- Carefully dish out the chicken from broth, and into the pot of hot oil, 3 pieces at a time for approximately 3 minutes, then let it rest on a paper-towel lined plate.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine julienned red chili and sweet soy sauce, then toss in the knotted pandan leaf and a small ladle of broth. Stir well and set aside for dipping.
- To dish up, create a circle of green sambal on the serving plate, then rest the chicken pieces on the sambal. Spoon out julienned red chilies and garnish on top of each chicken.
Enjoy a luxurious coffee experience in the comfort of your home from the heart of Italy. Life is even better with Tazzanera!
Made with the finest coffee beans that are roasted and ground to perfection, Tazzanera is 100% made in Italy and *Nespresso-compatible. Our coffee capsule blends are formulated with the original Italian espresso tradition.
🛒 Shop now to experience the exquisity of Italian espresso:
Official Site: www.tazzanera.sg