SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
An variant of goreng pisang, or fried banana, popular in Indonesia – these are a delicious, sweet treat!
1 hour needed (10 mins for preparation, 50 mins for cooking)
Serves 6 people
- 2 medium bananas
- 4 slices white bread, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk powder
- 5 Tbsp flour
- 110 ml milk
- 200 g bread crumbs (can be substituted with panko or Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp + ½ tsp salt
- 50 g sugar
- 25 ml water
Step 1 – Mix and steam batter
- In a bowl, add egg, 1 Tbsp milk powder, 1 tsp salt, 50 g sugar, 25 ml water, 1 Tbsp cornstarch and 1 Tbsp vanilla essence. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, roughly mash bananas with a fork.
- Fold in diced bread into the bananas, then gradually add in the batter from step 1. Stir to combine, then transfer to a 5×5 inch heatproof dish.
- Steam for 30 minutes, then leave to chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Enjoy a luxurious coffee experience in the comfort of your home from the heart of Italy. Life is even better with Tazzanera!
Made with the finest coffee beans that are roasted and ground to perfection, Tazzanera is 100% made in Italy and *Nespresso-compatible. Our coffee capsule blends are formulated with the original Italian espresso tradition.
🛒 Shop now to experience the exquisity of Italian espresso:
Official Site: www.tazzanera.sg