Recipe: Grilled Lamb with Wild Betel Leaves By Martin Yan
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Fancy having beef out of a coconut husk?
- 7 Bird’s-eye chilies
- 3 large Onions, quartered
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 2 stalks Lemongrass
- 4 centimeters fresh Turmeric
- 4 centimeters young Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- ½ cup Water – to blend
- 1 green Starfruit, deseeded and cut into 5 strips
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Coconut cream
- 1 cup Water – to boil
- 1 Starfruit, sliced – garnish
- 250 grams Beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Coconut husk, cut in 2
- Shredded husks from 1 Coconut
- In a bowl, rub turmeric powder and salt all over the meat then leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- When done marinating, heat a wok and place shredded coconut husk in an aluminium foil basket, then place a gridiron on top.
- Smoke the meat on the gridiron over medium-high heat. Even without using any oil; the coconut husk will emit a lot of smoke, so ensure your kitchen is well ventilated. This will take 3 hours.
- When the meat is done, make the gravy. In a blender, toss in onion, chilies, garlic, lemongrass, turmeric, ginger and water, blending it till smooth.
- Marinate the starfruit slices with turmeric powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a pot, heat 1 cup of water then pour in the blended ingredients with 1 tsp salt, letting it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Next, pour coconut milk into the pot. Stir well and let simmer.
- On a flat pan, put in marinated starfruit and the smoked meat, pressing it down on the pan for a few minutes.
- Once ready, slice the meat into 4cm-wide slices.
- Then toss the meat and starfruit into the pot and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- To serve, dish out the meat with starfruit into half cut coconut husks and garnish plate with sliced starfruits.
Enjoy a luxurious coffee experience in the comfort of your home from the heart of Italy. Life is even better with Tazzanera!
Made with the finest coffee beans that are roasted and ground to perfection, Tazzanera is 100% made in Italy and *Nespresso-compatible. Our coffee capsule blends are formulated with the original Italian espresso tradition.
🛒 Shop now to experience the exquisity of Italian espresso:
Official Site: www.tazzanera.sg