Recipe: Golden Crisp Prawns with Curry Leaves By Martin Yan
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Crispy golden-brown prawns tossed in salted egg sauce!
Also, it takes less than an hour to prepare!
• 3 Salted egg yolks
• 2 cups Vegetable oil
• 12 medium Prawns, deveined and deshelled
• ⅛ teaspoon Salt
• ⅛ teaspoon White pepper
• 2 egg Yolks
• 3 tablespoons Corn flour
• 3 tablespoons Rice flour
• 20 grams Butter + 1 tbs Vegetable oil
• 2 cloves Garlic, minced
• 8 Bird’s Eye chilies, sliced
• 4 stalks Curry leaves
• Pinch of Salt
• 1 Red chili, julienned
• 1 Iceberg lettuce leaf
• 4 Iceberg lettuce leaves, julienned
• 1 Tomato, halved and sliced
• 2 sprigs Curry leaves, fried
• 3 Bird’s eye chilies, sliced half lengthwise
1. Place the salted egg yolks into a dish and steam it in the Cubie Oven for 15 minutes on high setting, until thoroughly cooked. Mash with a fork and allow to cool.
2. Marinate the prawns with salt and white pepper.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs. Then combine it with the prawns.
4. In a separate bowl, add the corn flour and rice flour. Mix it well.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan till hot, the dip the prawns in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
6. Heat the vegetable oil till hot and fry prawns in batches for 1-2 mins till golden – but do not overcook. Drain the prawns.
7. In a separate skillet, heat butter and oil mixture, then sauté garlic, chili and curry leaves for about for 30 seconds.
8. Add the salted egg yolks and stir till creamy, then put in the prawns and sugar. Toss to coat, turn off heat and dish up.
9. To serve, arrange salad of lettuce and tomatoes, then lay the prawns all around the vegetables, reserving a few on the bed of sliced lettuce. Garnish with red chili and fried curry leaves.