Recipe: Chicken Rendang by Asian Food Channel
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
A specialty Malaysian dish, this dry chicken curry is slow cooked, resulting in a fragrant and tender chicken. Here’s how to do this at home.
50 mins needed (10 mins for preparation, 40 mins for cooking)
Serves 2-4 people
- 1 kg chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 Tbsp kerisik (toasted coconut, store bought)
- 9 shallots, chopped
- 15 red chili, chopped
- 10 red chili padi, chopped (optional)
- 100 g garlic, chopped
- 40 g ginger
- 40 g turmeric, chopped (can be substituted with 15 g turmeric powder)
- 40 g galangal, chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass (white portion only)
- 2 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 10 lime leaves
- 1 turmeric leaf
- 300 ml coconut milk (substitute with yogurt for a healthier alternative)
- 6 Tbsp raisins, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
Step 1 – Blend spice paste
- Lightly toast coriander & cumin seeds on a pan then remove.
- Roughly chop chilies, ginger, turmeric and galangal
- Blend the toasted seeds, lemongrass, ginger, turmeric, galangal, red chili and red chili padi. Use a little water to help the blender along into a paste.
Enjoy a luxurious coffee experience in the comfort of your home from the heart of Italy. Life is even better with Tazzanera!
Made with the finest coffee beans that are roasted and ground to perfection, Tazzanera is 100% made in Italy and *Nespresso-compatible. Our coffee capsule blends are formulated with the original Italian espresso tradition.
🛒 Shop now to experience the exquisity of Italian espresso:
Official Site: www.tazzanera.sg