Serves 4 - 6 people
- 3 potatoesPeeled and cut into wedges
- 1.2 kg chickenCut into bite size pieces
- 6 shallotsMinced
- 10 cloves garlicMinced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp tau cheo (Fermented soybean)
- 30 g gula melaka (Palm sugar)
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 5 g coriander leaves
Step 3 – Add chicken, potatoes, dark soy sauce and water
- Add in chicken, potatoes, 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce and 2 cups water into the pan.
- Stir well and let it simmer on medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are cooked and chicken is tender.
You can elevate this dish by adding dried shiitake mushroom that has been soaked in hot water until softened