Serves 4 – 6 people
- 3 potatoesPeeled and cut into wedges
- 1.2 kg chickenCut into bite size pieces
- 6 shallotsMinced
- 10 cloves garlicMinced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp tau cheo (Fermented soybean)
- 30 g gula melaka (Palm sugar)
- 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 5 g coriander leaves
Try out this quick and easy traditional Peranakan recipe, consisting of chicken and potatoes
Step 1 – Fry aromatics
- In a pan on medium-high heat, heat up ¼ cup vegetable oil.
- Fry shallots and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes, until slightly caramelised.