SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
Chef Patron Diego Jacquet of boChinche shares his recipe for Beef & Bone Marrow Burgers
They say the way to a man’s heart is through his belly.
And even though dads are usually deemed as non-fussy eaters, why not skip the ready-made, frozen patties and try your hand at making a gourmet burger for him this Father’s Day?
Chef Diego Jacquet of boChinche shows you the way to do it with his tantalising Beef & Bone Marrow Burgers that ooze with provolone cheese.
While he is not stroking gastronomic desires at Singapore’s foremost Argentine restaurant, this father can be found spending his Sundays with his kids, six-year old Tomas and 2-year old Catalina.
Aside from riding scooters and park outings, Chef Jacquet bonds with his children through summertime grill sessions.
500g quality minced beef
100g bone marrow
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
½ bunch parsley flat, finely chopped
1 round lettuce
3 ripe tomatoes
1 red onion
100g pickled cucumbers
150ml olive oil
4 slices of provolone cheese
4 quality burger buns (preferably brioche)
Aioli (Mediterranean sauce made of garlic and olive oil)
Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1. Mix parsley in a bowl with the mustard, minced beef & bone marrow.
2. Season properly with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
3. With clean hands, scrunch and mix everything up well. Divide into four and pat and mould each piece into a roundish shape, roughly 2cm thick.
4. Place the burgers onto a plate, drizzle with oil, then cover and place in the fridge until needed – this will help to firm them up.
5. To cook the burgers, preheat a large griddle or your BBQ until get a high heat, then turn the heat down to medium.
6. Cook the burgers for 3 or 4 minutes on each side, depending on how you like them but remember to salt the cooked side only and add cheese at the last minute. Meanwhile, wash and dry a few small lettuce leaves, slice the tomatoes, peel and finely slice the red onion.
7. Once cooked, set your burger to rest for a few minutes & grill your burger buns until they are slightly crispy for 2-3 min 8. Build your burgers with a good amount on aioli on both buns, add pickled cucumbers and all the other topping with your juicy burger.
Pssst! Are you a wordsmith looking for a platform to showcase your work? We want you! Click here to find out more...