Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019: This Singapore Restaurant Is #1
SHARE WITH FRIENDS!
How many of the seven Singapore restaurants that made the list have you tried?
The winners of the prestigious Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 are announced, and it’s a pleasant surprise for our city. Singapore’s very own modern French restaurant Odette comes out at the top, and is named The Best Restaurant in Asia 2019! Odette moves up from fifth place last year to beat Gaggan from Bangkok, the reigning champion for four years in a row. In addition, six other eateries from Singapore also made the list.
The Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants list is created based on the votes of more than 300 experts from the dining industry -food writers and critics, chefs, restaurateurs and esteemed foodies – all across Asia.
Odette impressed the panel with its top quality ingredients sourced from around the world and made into innovative dishes. The two Michelin-starred French fine dining restaurant keeps things fresh by frequently changing its menu and offering some fusion dishes that mix European and Asian flavours. The judges also highlight the artistic presentation; every dish at Odette is beautifully plated – look out for the signature Rosemary Smoked Organic Egg, served dramatically in an egg tray wrapped in a cloud of dry ice – while the restaurant’s digs, designed by local artist Dawn Ng, is utterly elegant. Fits perfectly in the National Gallery!
Burnt Ends, the popular Australian barbecue restaurant, claims the 10th spot in the list. It is perhaps the least conventional and most casual (versus fine dining) of the winning Singapore establishments. From the counter seats, diners can look in the open kitchen and watch the expert chefs grill the meats right on the coals, before serving them with a side of vegetables or between two warm brioche buns – that’s the super popular Burnt Ends Sanger burger.
At Number 32 is Jaan, known for putting a playful modern spin on English classics – think “fish and chips” in the form of mini seafood potato tartlets. The restaurant also wins points for its amazing view from 70 floors high in the swanky Swissôtel The Stamford. Les Amis, a luxurious two-Michelin-starred French restaurant with a wine selection just as impressive as its food menu, comes up next at Number 33.
Making its debut on the Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants list, Nouri sits at the 39th spot. For the modern European restaurant at Amoy Street, this accomplishment comes before it even turns two! But Nouri seems to be all about making amazing early impressions – it earned a Michelin star within its first year of opening in 2017.
The panel praises the restaurant for its exciting cross-cultural creations that’s more than just fusion dishes – head chef Ivan Brehm calls it “crossroads cuisine.” The intimate open kitchen concept with a long communal table also makes Nouri stand out.
The one and only Asian-style local restaurant to make the list, Waku Ghin (No. 40) is an exquisite modern Japanese restaurant helmed by acclaimed chef Tetsuya Wakuda. Corner House, a beautiful French fine dining restaurant located in Botanic Gardens, rounds out the Singapore winners at Number 49.
Here is the full list of the Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 winners:
1. Odette (Singapore)
2. Gaggan (Bangkok, Thailand)
3. Den (Tokyo, Japan)
4. Sühring (Bangkok, Thailand)
5. Florilège (Tokyo, Japan)
6. Ultraviolet by Paul Pairet (Shanghai, China)
7. Mume (Taipei, Taiwan)
8. Les Créations de Narisawa (Tokyo, Japan)
9. Nihonryori Ryugin (Tokyo, Japan)
10. Burnt Ends (Singapore)
11. The Chairman (Hong Kong, China)
12. 8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo Bombana (Hong Kong)
13. Mingles (Seoul, South Korea)
14. La Cime (Osaka, Japan)
15. Belon (Hong Kong)
16. Gaa (Bangkok, Thailand)
17. Indian Accent (New Delhi, India)
18. Il Risorante Luca Fantin (Tokyo, Japan)
19. Bo.lan (Bangkok, Thailand)
20. Le Du (Bangkok, Thailand)
21. Amber (Hong Kong)
22. Nahm (Bangkok, Thailand)
23. Sazenka (Tokyo, Japan) – NEW
24. La Maison de la Nature Goh (Fukuoka, Japan)
25. Sushi Saito (Tokyo, Japan)
26. L’Effervescene (Tokyo, Japan)
27. Jade Dragon (Macao, China)
28. Paste (Bangkok, Thailand)
29. Fu He Hui (Shanghai, China)
30. RAW (Taipei, Taiwan)
31. Shoun Ryugin (Taipei, Taiwan)
32. Jaan (Singapore)
33. Les Amis (Singapore)
34. Vea (Hong Kong) – NEW
35. Ministry of Crab (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
36. Wing Lei Palace (Macao, China) – NEW
37. Neighbourhood (Hong Kong)
38. Lung King Heen (Hong Kong)
39. Nouri (Singapore) – NEW
40. Waku Ghin (Singapore)
41. Toc Toc (Seoul, South Korea)
42. Locavore (Bali, Indonesia)
43. Toyo Eatery (Manila, The Philippines) – NEW
44. Seventh Son (Hong Kong) – NEW
45. Quintessence (Tokyo, Japan)
46. Dewakan (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) – NEW
47. Sugalabo (Tokyo, Japan) – NEW
48. Sorn (Bangkok, Thailand) – NEW
49. Corner House (Singapore)
50. Ta Vie (Hong Kong)
Enjoy a luxurious coffee experience in the comfort of your home from the heart of Italy. Life is even better with Tazzanera!
Made with the finest coffee beans that are roasted and ground to perfection, Tazzanera is 100% made in Italy and *Nespresso-compatible. Our coffee capsule blends are formulated with the original Italian espresso tradition.
🛒 Shop now to experience the exquisity of Italian espresso:
Official Site: www.tazzanera.sg